Become our next Fundraising Hero!
We are always looking for incredible people to join our team and support our communities. Starting a fundraiser is a great way to do some team-building. It is also very common for people to fundraise during sporting events!
3 ways you can help us to help others through fundraising:
Join a fundraising event
Hold an event at work
Get creative and do your own thing
Keep reading for inspiration, motivation and amazing stories!
Stuck for ideas? You can:
- Get baking delicious cakes and ask for donations from friends, family or co-workers
- Do something at work such as dress down days, themed days or a coffee morning
- Get sponsored for shaving your head, beard or mustache
- Walk or run, on your own or as part of a team and ask for sponsorship
- Sell your unwanted stuff on Ebay, Shpock or Facebook Market Place and donate your earnings
- Organise a raffle, with the prizes donated from people and companies you know
- Give up! Ask your friends and family to sponsor you for giving up something, like smoking, alcohol, caffine, crisps or chocolate. You could even donate the money you save
Too busy to bake a cake or take part in a sporting event?
Supporting SMART doesn’t have to be complicated or time consuming! You could simply hold a sponsored silence or just ask people for support.
Take a look at what James did (or didn’t) to raise over £200 for SMART…
Ready to get fundraising?
If you already have some ideas and are eager to get raising money for one of our services then simply visit our donations page and click ‘Fundraise for us’ top left of the screen, or to fundraise for a specific project or appeal simply scroll down and select the correct appeal and then click ‘Fundraise for us’.
You should also take a look at our fundraising toolkit. It contains fun posters that are super easy to set up and paper sponsorship forms.
Need some inspiration?
Take a look at how Karl raised £200 at work
Age doesn’t matter – check out our youngest fundraiser, Ruby, who raised £240
Be like Charles and raise £300 by joining a fundraising event
Go all out and do something mega like Katy and Joe, who have raised over £3000!
If you would like to raise money in support of our work, we can help you make it happen. So if you:
- Have an idea
- Need help setting up a fundraising page
- Need sponsorship and Gift Aid forms
- Want us to help promote your fundraising event
Please get in touch by completing the form above.