Do a self assessment
It’s not always easy to see if you need help for your drug use. This self-assessment is to help you decide if you need some support.
- Have friends or family ever worried or complained about your drug or alcohol use?
- Do you ever use drugs or alcohol first thing in the morning or to get you through the day?
- Are you concerned about your drug or alcohol use?
- Do you ever use drugs or alcohol to overcome the effects of other drugs or alcohol taken earlier?
- Have you or someone else been injured as a result of your drug or alcohol use?
- Have you ever felt regret after taking drugs or alcohol?
- Do you conceal your use from family or friends, or edit stories involving your drinking or using?
- Does your drug or alcohol use impact negatively on other parts of your life e.g. work, friendships, finances, health?
- Have you ever run out of money for things you need (e.g. food, bills, going out) because you’ve spent your money on alcohol or drugs?
- Would you like to change the way you use drugs or alcohol?
If you answered yes to any of these questions it might be helpful to get some assistance.