Calling all fundraisers: Creative or Crazy – you decide! Raise money for the SMART Prebend Centre for the homeless to win a Christmas Hamper.
The SMART Prebend Centre has set a challenge to find the most creative or crazy fundraiser (or fundraising team) in Bedford! Don’t worry if you’re not feeling imaginative, we have some suggestions for you and there is still a chance to win.
Anita McCallum, SMART CJS, CEO explains: “Through local fundraising and generous donations, the Cold Relief In Bedford (CRIB) appeal has already achieved over £17,000, but we urgently need more fundraisers to hit our £60,000 target to keep the Centre open.
“Fundraising doesn’t have to be boring and you don’t need to set huge targets. It’s easy to create a donations profile on our website and simple to share your goodwill and fabulous photos through social media. We can help anyone who is keen to get going; just get in touch and we’ll help to get everything started.
“To spice things up, we are going to present the fundraiser with the most creative or crazy fundraising activity with a fabulous Christmas Hamper, kindly donated by My Estate, Bedford, and another fundraiser will be selected at random to receive a fabulous mystery prize. So whether you fancy creative or crazy – we don’t mind – but get fundraising with a Winter or Christmas theme. Good luck!”
Fundraising profiles can be created through the SMART website with targets as small as £20. SMART fundraising ideas:
- Dressing as Santa and running around Bedford (solo or with a team)
- Doing a physical challenge – like walking round Russell Park in Bedford eating or juggling Brussels sprouts
- Getting sponsorship for wearing a Christmas jumper to work every day for the remainder of December
- Singing Carols or Gift Wrapping for donations
- Christmas dress up your dog party
- Holding a board game or Christmas movie night (charging for entry)
- Inviting friends round for charades to re-enact festive moments from your favourite TV moments (Friends – Monica with turkey on her head; EastEnders – Angie & Den split up at Xmas)
If you are ready to start fundraising to support Bedford’s homeless you can start a fundraising please create a fundraising page.
Unable to raise money for CRIB?
Fundraising profiles need to be set up by 31/01/20 and the hamper winner will be drawn on 28/02/20. For your fundraising effort to be considered an entry – you need to set up a fundraising page and include your email address during the process.
About SMART Prebend Centre
The SMART Prebend homeless Day Centre in Bedford is open 365 days of the year supporting those who sleep rough, are vulnerably housed and often face issues around social isolation and exclusion. The project provides a safe place for those who visit to take a shower, eat and access support and guidance from professionals. The centre costs £250,000 a year to operate and relies entirely on charitable donations, grants and the support of the local community.