Residential Support Worker – Milton Keynes
Do you want to help people that have experienced homelessness to make positive changes by joining our energetic and successful team in Milton Keynes? Apply now!
About the Post
As a Support Worker at SMART CJS, you will be instrumental in the day to day running of our 24/7 services, working flexibly within shifts that will include some unsociable hours. The role includes:
- Assisting caseworkers with the implementation of support plans.
- Maintaining the safety and security of the building and carrying out basic office duties
- Responding to queries and communicating with people that use our services as well as external partners and agencies.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Great communication skills and experience of working effectively with others in an office setting, residential unit or centre.
- Some experience of dealing directly with the public and/or customers in a busy 24/7 operational environment.
- The ability to connect with people who may have challenging behaviour.
- Some understanding of the issues faced by homeless or vulnerably housed people and the difficulties they experience in accessing services.
- The wish to be a part of helping individuals to make positive change to their lives, often when they are at their lowest point.
Why Work for SMART?
We are proud of our culture and our values to be: Trustworthy, Respectful, Helpful and Honest
Our values underpin the work we do and the way we relate to our staff, our volunteers, the people, families and carers we support, our professional partners, the individuals who learn with us, our funders and our trustees.
We believe that everyone needs a little help sometimes and that with trust, respect and honesty people can make incredible changes. We help our teams and the people who use our services to fulfil their highest potential by offering respect and believing in them. We encourage honesty and openness in all that we do and believe that trust is the foundation of all charitable work.
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £20,557 pro-rata
Working Hours: Full time and part time available inc. evening & weekends
Benefits: 27+ days annual leave (pro rata) + bank holiday / 6% employer pension contribution (after 3 months) / Employee Assistance Programme / Staff Discount scheme.
For further information regarding the position, please download and read the job description or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SMART CJS is committed to the principles of diversity and equality of opportunity and is striving to ensure that its workforce is representative of the communities it serves. We particularly encourage applications from people with lived experience of homelessness, substance misuse and other complex needs.
Clearance for this role: Enhanced DBS.
This is an urgent vacancy and will may close at short notice, as soon as a suitable candidate is found.