SMART Prebend Centre dinner dance goes off with a bang!
On the 2nd November 2018 we welcomed 130 glamorous guests to the first annual SMART Prebend Centre dinner dance. Guests enjoyed canapés and reception drinks, soothing live jazz, a splendid three course meal, an entertaining auction, spectacular fireworks and a disco.
HUGE THANKS to everyone who made our first Prebend dinner dance such a success! We would like to offer special thanks to:
- The Mayor of Bedford, Dave Hodgson, for his attendance and for promoting the dance
- The High Sherriff of Bedford, Julian Polhill, for his attendance and for promoting the dance
- The Sharnbrook Hotel for hosting and providing a delicious three course meal
- Bedford Castle Rotary Club for organising the auction which raised £2100!
- David Fletcher (volunteer at SMART Prebend Centre and an expert on BBC’s ‘Flog It’) for taking the auction
- Natasha Seale for keeping us entertained with her fabulous Jazz trio
- Michelle Jovic photographer for taking our event pics and snapping our glamourous guests
- Concept Event Solutions for providing audio visual equipment
And BIG THANKS to all of our friends who helped to promote the night:
- The Bedford Clanger
- Bedford Independent
- Bedford T&C
- In 2 Beats radio
- Community Saftey – Safer Bedford
- Impact Peer Support
- Charity Events UK
And finally THANK YOU to everyone who came along, to those who donated to the SMART Prebend Centre and to the successful bidders in the auction.
Denise, a guest on the night and SMART Prebend Centre supporter said “A few of the girls came as a sort of early Christmas get together. We travelled a long way to support the event, but it was well worth it! We had great fun, dancing into the night, we can’t wait until next year!”
Lisa Harrison, SMART Area Manger and the organiser of the dinner dance said “I’m grateful to everyone who supported us with the dinner dance, it was lovely to see so many people having fun and getting behind the SMART Prebend Centre, we are still receiving donations.”
About the Prebend Centre
Open 7 days a week, the centre provide facilities, support and guidance; to relieve rough sleeping and to prevent further homelessness. Read more…
See who is currently fundraising for SMART