We are looking for passionate people to become SMART Trustees
Are you concerned by the rise in homelessness in our towns and cities?
Do you want to support a charity that helps others with drug and alcohol misuse?
We are currently looking for enthusiastic volunteers to bring their experience and knowledge to our board of trustees. The board is our governing body, providing strategy and direction and ensuring we’re run according to the rules.
Why become a Trustee?
In a recent survey it was reported that over eight in ten of those performing Trustee roles said that it made them happier and over one in five said that they got a promotion as a result of their service.
Why not grab some happiness and success and be a Trustee for SMART CJS!
Set up in 1997, SMART CJS is a vibrant charity specialising in supporting those who are homeless or need help with drugs and alcohol misuse. We operate in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Oxford and Wokingham and are looking for two new Trustees to help us develop our strategy for the next 5 years for a sustainable future!
We operate drugs and alcohol support services in Oxford and Wokingham. Our homeless services are in Bedford and Milton Keynes.
Applications are invited from individuals who are looking to take on a Trustee role and are particularly interested in supporting the organisation proactively.
Do you have experience in at least ONE of the following areas:
- Fundraising, bid and grant applications
- Subject matter expertise and willing to act as an ambassador or adviser: on homelessness, drugs and/or alcohol
- A background in business development and/or experience of being an entrepreneur
- Networks and contacts within relevant business networks, academia, public sector organisations (Local Authorities, NHS) or voluntary sector organisations in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Oxford or Wokingham.
Commitment required & location of meetings:
Board meetings (4 per year) tend to take place in Milton Keynes or Bedford. In line with the Charity Commission regulations, no payment will be made for Trustee positions.
In return we can offer you the following:
- Work in a committed and passionate organisation
- The opportunity to learn new skills and gain different experiences & develop your professional life
- Occasions to meet a diverse range of people and give back to your local community and society.
There is an expectation that trustees will wish to become actively involved in the charity which requires attendance at fundraising and other key events.
Trustees will be appointed for an initial period of 3 years and eligible to serve for one further term.
Candidates must be available for interview on 8th or 16th October in Milton Keynes
If successful, to you must be able to attend the next Board on 19th November 2019.
You should submit a completed application form and up to date CV (no more than 3 pages) no later than 9am Tues 30th September 2019.
How to apply:
Download and read the information pack and complete the application form. Send your completed application by email to the CEO, Anita McCallum (details included in the information pack).