Support Worker – (Part-time) Residential Drug & Alcohol Detox Unit in Oxford
About Howard House
SMART Howard House is a highly-regarded residential service in the heart of Oxford, working with those wanting to be free from alcohol and/or drug addiction. This work has never been so important, with the pandemic creating high demand and need.
The service is due to close on 30th April 2022 and, until then, we operate a specialist 10-bed residential unit for adults, with a medically supervised detox from drugs and/or alcohol in a therapeutic setting. Residents typically will stay for 12-14 weeks in this supportive environment before moving onto rehabilitation or other support setting. This is a great opportunity to be a part of supporting the last intake of residents into this iconic service in Oxford.
Helping others making a positive change to their lives is what you will be doing!
Main purpose of the job
- To contribute to the effective delivery of services within Howard House.
- To support service users through detoxification and the early stages of recovery.
- To ensure and maintain the safety of residents and the security of the unit.
- To receive and provide an effective handover with day staff
- To administer medications as required
- To respond to the welfare needs of residents
- To respond and deal with smooth running of the house and ensure the premises is secure
To be successful in the roles, you will have:
- Good communication skills and a caring approach
- Experience in working with people and supporting them to change
- The ability to build good working relationships with service users and other staff
- Excellent organisational skills
- A sound understanding of substance misuse
Why Work for SMART?
We are proud of our culture and our values to be: Trustworthy, Respectful, Helpful and Honest
Our values underpin the work we do and the way we relate to our staff, our volunteers, the people, families and carers we support, our professional partners, the individuals who learn with us, our funders and our trustees.
We believe that everyone needs a little help sometimes and that with trust, respect and honesty people can make incredible changes. We help our teams and the people who use our services to fulfil their highest potential by offering respect and believing in them. We encourage honesty and openness in all that we do and believe that trust is the foundation of all charitable work.
Location: Location: Oxford City Centre (with parking)
Salary: £10.68 per hour for waking hours. £8.95 per hour for sleeping hours.
Shift Pattern: Early shift 7.30am- 3pm/Late shift 2.30pm-10.30pm/Night shift 10.30pm- 8.30am. Sleeping hours between 12pm-6am.
Available shifts for the following month are emailed out and booked in to fit in with you. Sometimes emergency shift covered is required.
Term: Temporary (until end April 2022).
Benefits: 27+ days annual leave (pro rata) + bank holiday / 6% employer pension contribution (after 3 months) / Employee Assistance Programme / Staff Discount scheme.
For further information regarding the position, please download and read the job description or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SMART CJS is committed to the principles of diversity and equality of opportunity and is striving to ensure that its workforce is representative of the communities it serves. We particularly encourage applications from people with lived experience of homelessness, substance misuse and other complex needs.
Clearance for this role: Enhanced DBS.
Closing Date for this role
Friday, 31st December 2021 – applications will be considered as they come in as roles are urgently needed