Volunteers within SMART help us to run our valuable services and add additional skills, experience and knowledge to the staff team.
SMART CJS team members, Manpreet & Euan, attended a volunteering event in Milton Keynes. This event was part of Community Action: MK , supporting the voluntary and community sector in Milton Keynes.
It was great to meet with prospective volunteers, provide information on the many diverse positions available, and to explain the new skills and support volunteers receive as well as talk about the amazing work SMART does across services.
- 2 in 5 people in the UK volunteer at least once a year.
- 1 in 5 people volunteer at least once a month.
- Volunteering contributes an estimated £22.6bn to the UK economy.
- The most common reason people give for why they volunteer is to improve things and to help others.
- 93% of recent volunteers say they enjoy their volunteering.
- Over 75% of volunteers say that volunteering improves their mental health and well-being.
If volunteering is something you are interested in, we would love to hear from you. Click the button, fill in your details and someone will be in touch.