WE ARE LOOKING FOR PASSIONATE PEOPLE TO BECOME SMART CJS TRUSTEES
Are you concerned by the rise in homelessness in our towns and cities?
Do you want to support a charity that helps others going through tough times and make a difference to their lives?
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to bring their experience and knowledge to our board of trustees. The board is our governing body, providing strategy and direction and ensuring we’re run according to the rules.
Why become a Trustee?
In a recent survey it was reported that over eight in ten of those performing Trustee roles said that it made them happier and over one in five said that they got a promotion as a result of their service.
Set up in 1997, SMART CJS is a vibrant charity specialising in supporting those who are homeless or need help with drugs and alcohol misuse. We operate in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Oxford and Wokingham. We are looking for at least two new Trustees to help develop strategy for the next 5 years for a sustainable future under COVID-19.
Applications are invited from individuals who are looking to take on a Trustee role and are particularly interested in supporting the organisation proactively.
We are looking for people who have experience in at least ONE of the following areas:
- A financial qualification and/or have acted as a department head or director of Finance
- Subject matter expertise and willing to act as an ambassador or adviser: on homelessness, drugs and/or alcohol
- A background in business development and/or experience of being an entrepreneur
- Networks and contacts e.g. business networks, academia, public sector organisations (Local Authorities, NHS) or voluntary sector organisations in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Oxford or Wokingham.
Commitment required & location of meetings:
Board meetings (4 per year) and, in line with Charity Commission regulations, no payment is made.
In return we can offer you the following:
- Rewarding work in a committed and passionate organisation
- The opportunity to learn new skills, gain different experiences & develop your profession and personal life
- Occasions to meet a diverse range of people and give back to the community and society.
There is an expectation that trustees will wish to become actively involved in the charity which sometimes requires attendance at fundraising and other key events.
Trustees will be appointed for an initial period of 3 years and eligible to serve for one further term of 3 years.
Dates required: Candidates must be available (via tele or video conference) for interview up until the end of October. If successful, to attend the Board Meeting on 17th November 2020.
How to apply
Download and read the information pack and complete the application form. Send your completed application and up to date CV (no more than 3 pages) by email to the CEO, Anita McCallum email@example.com.