Are you concerned by the rise in homelessness in our towns and cities?
Do you want to support a charity that helps others going through tough times and make a difference to their lives?
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to bring their experience and knowledge to our board of trustees. The board is our governing body, providing strategy and direction and ensuring we’re run according to the rules.
Why become a Trustee?
In a recent survey it was reported that over eight in ten of those performing Trustee roles said that it made them happier and over one in five said that they got a promotion as a result of their service.
Founded in 1997, we are a charity that provides safe spaces for vulnerable people experiencing homelessness. As the landscape of social and healthcare has changed, our services have adapted and grown, but we’ve always kept the people we help at the centre of all that we do. During 2021 our committed army of incredible staff, trustees and volunteers helped more than 700 people with homelessness, substance misuse, domestic abuse and poor mental & physical health.
Applications are invited from individuals who are looking to take on a Trustee role and are particularly interested in supporting the organisation proactively.
We are looking for people who have experience in at least ONE of the following areas:
- Housing/social/affordable housing sectors
- Fundraising, bid and/or grant application experience
- Subject matter expertise in homelessness or rough sleeping
- Networks and contacts e.g. business networks, academia, public sector organisations (Local Authorities, NHS) or voluntary sector organisations in Bedford or Milton Keynes
Commitment required & location of meetings:
Board meetings (4 per year) and, in line with Charity Commission regulations, no payment is made.
In return we can offer you the following:
- Rewarding work in a committed and passionate organisation
- The opportunity to learn new skills, gain different experiences & develop your profession and personal life
- Occasions to meet a diverse range of people and give back to the community and society.
There is an expectation that trustees will wish to become actively involved in the charity which sometimes requires attendance at fundraising and other key events.
Trustees will be appointed for an initial period of 3 years and eligible to serve for one further term of 3 years.
How to apply
Download and read the information pack and complete the application form. Send your completed application and up to date CV (no more than 3 pages) by email to the CEO, Anita McCallum firstname.lastname@example.org.