Introducing SMART Living
What is SMART Living?
SMART Living is a free 6 week course for adults who are unemployed or under employed who may also have physical or mental health and well-being issues. The course is designed to help people to better manage their own health, decrease social isolation and build skills for education, volunteering and employment.
What is covered?
Over 6 weeks, participants will:
- Learn to understand and better manage their health and well-being
- Set personal aims and goals relating to health and well-being
- Build and maintain motivation
- Develop their interpersonal skills
- Improve their assertiveness and making decision skills
- Gain skills and explore pathways into volunteering, education and employment
What is the aim of SMART Living?
The training will support improvement of physical, mental health and well-being. The focus will be on helping people to reduce social isolation and to achieve personal health goals.
The intended outcomes of the course are to: