Young Peoples’ Services
SMART Young Peoples’ Services offer:
- up-to-date advice and information about drugs and alcohol
- key-work sessions
- Groups and programmes
- Alternative therapies
- GP clinics, prescribing medication for opiate dependency
- Evening appointments for those who work
- Sexual health support, Chlamydia screening and pregnancy testing
- Help to access the right support for housing and benefits
- Tips for staying safe
- Advice for parents and carers
- Alcohol and drugs awareness workshops, presentations and information points for schools, colleges, PRU’s and community-based organisations including youth groups and clubs
We provide one-to-one services in the community – at school, hostels, youth centres, or wherever feels safe and comfortable for the individual.
We deliver workshops to schools, colleges and youth clubs to provide information about alcohol, cigarettes, other commonly used substances and the risks associated with their use. We aim to support young people to make good decisions by increasing knowledge and awareness of substances, and the steps that can be taken to reduce the risks to themselves and others.
We currently offer a young persons service at SMART Wokingham.